Interest Rate

They say that pulling your credit to find a rate won't hurt your score because you are shopping for a home loan.Wrong, my credit dropped 30 points the day they pulled my credit.

Don't deal with these guys. Even if you decide to do business with them your credit score will go down. They pull one credit bureau to see if you qualify for further discussion, then they pull all three, meaning the one they pulled first gets pulled again.

two hard pulls in a short time negatively affects your credit.Go elsewhere you will get better service and not have your credit scores hurt.

Review about: Loan Depot Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: they need to get in touch with the credit bureaus and eliminate the unauthorized credit pulls from my record..

I liked: Hanging up the phone.

I didn't like: Way they dinged my credit scores.

Had an Experience with Loan Depot?

Comments

When a credit report is pulled for a particular loan (personal, auto, home, etc) FICO knows you are shopping and it counts as only one bulk file for 90 days. So you could get rates from 15 different mortgage companies but it would only show on your file as one credit pull. Same goes for an auto loan or any other loan.

I had three hard inquiries with this company and it did affect my score. Called to complain and they refused to remove two of them. All I can do is keep friends and family from using loan depot.